Propwash News - April 2019
Announcements and news items are posted showing the latest item first
Major Ray Peace (Ret'd) Passed away April 17, 2019
The following is from a Facebook Post by Debbie Peace-Labrecque:
"It is with a heavy heart that I post this. My father, Major (ret’d) Ray Peace (AdminO 2 RSU) passed away peacefully tonight. He fought a courageous battle with heart disease and diabetes. Please join me in spirit and toast my Dad. A soldier’s soldier . "
Your may sign the History Hangar Guest book by selecting the link below.
Website Update - April 9, 2019
Since finally getting all the information from our Old (Classic Google Site) imported on January 20th, we have:
- Designed new Graphics for the Page Headers and installed them on 100% of our 300+ pages on our website.
- Placed a "Where To Now?" section with link buttons at the bottom of about 60% of our pages
- Re-formatted the imported information and pictures imported from our Old site on about 50% of our pages
- Completed our Main Menu page with links and descriptions to all areas of the History Hangar
- Alan Mills has joined our Volunteer Team and is in the process of processing the 4000+ documents and photos from Ron Wiley scanned by John Tapper in 2015. These will be posted sorted and posted to our updated Photo Albums site. Estimated by early June, 2019.
- John has just finished scanning Bill Humphrey's photo album, kindly provided by his wife Joan, with nearly 200 great pictures. These will be processed and added to our Photo Album site as soon as possible.
- Bill Bishop has designed new Guest Book Forms (for our Honour Roll, Final Flight, Commanding Officers, and Honourary Colonel's pages AND new Page Comment Pages for all other pages. Garry will be re-=producing and installing these starting shortly with an estimated completion date by mid summer.
We are again desperately short of funds ... our operations are again being temporily funded by Bill Bishop
We will be shortly sending a reminder to all past due Members but in the meantime we urge everyone who is interested in "Keeping Our History Alive" to either become a member or make a donation in any amount. Click the button(s) below
Current Members can click the Membership Roster button to see your Membership Status.